WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The incumbent will act as an agent between the franchisor and franchisees and build relationships, leverage resources, promote best practices and align business objectives. The incumbent will also be responsible for the implementation of the necessary policies and procedures while providing guidance to the Franchisee(s). The Franchise Service Consultant acts as a councillor for franchisees by helping to guide them through the process of creating a successful franchise system and understanding the franchise industry. The incumbent assist franchisees to reach their personal and business goals through the utilisation of business systems.
- Actively drive and implement Business Systems core values.
- Create, implement and monitor all visual merchandising, i.e. planograms at franchisees.
- Conduct market research for new franchise stores to identify growth opportunities.
- Assist franchisees with all aspects of new store openings within the predetermined timeline.
- Ensure key processes and plans are in place through weekly store visits, store evaluations and data analysis.
- Assist in planning and conducting regular store meetings.
- Prepare meeting activities to improve store profitability through training and networking with vendors and other franchisees.
- Educate and train franchisees in order to ensure consistency and standardised procedures on site.
- Provide general franchise support.
- Ensure franchisees comply with brand standards.
- Ensure competitiveness and build brand awareness.
- Provide sound advice to increase store profitability and performance.
- Perform compliance audits in order to identify growth opportunities and improvement.
- Provide support and assistance with the organisational initiatives to maintain franchisee accountability and network consistency.
- Manage stock at franchisees, by following up on back orders that were logged.
- Analyse product movement and make suggestions to increase sales.
- Evaluate the top categories and locations of products.
- Monitor and manage minimum stock holding.
- Monitor obsolete inventory.
- Determine the ability to upsell by combining interlinked products to increase the basket value.
- Attend compulsory stock take, twice a year.
- Assist with the maintenance of IT equipment on site.
- Log calls for issues that may occur to the external IT service provider.
- Document and report critical incidents and franchise issues.
- Report and provide vital information to the operations manager, with regards to stores i.e. LSM market, the trading patterns and basket values, growth and projected sales and staff performance.
- Provide additional training on site as needed.
- Evaluate sales performance.
- Assist with management accounts and suggest ways to improve.
- Assist with recruitment, business training, and succession planning in stores.
- Complete FSC field report
- Collect and compile data from the stores
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Senior Certificate or NQF4 equivalent.
- B-Degree in Business or equivalent will be advantageous.
- 1-3 years' experience in the franchise consulting field will be an advantage.
- 3 Years business coaching experience will be an advantage.
Package & Remuneration
- Market Related
Marketing copywriters create persuasive writing to promote the sale of a business' product or service. The writing is used in various print and broadcast materials, such as newspaper and magazine ads, television commercials, direct mail campaigns and radio announcements.
Duties of a Copywriter include:
- Writing different types of copy depending on its purpose.
- Collaborating with creative teams to produce relevant copy for brochures, sales materials and products.
- Working on online copy alongside the Digital Marketing Manager ensuring copy works effectively for search engine optimization purposes.
- Working alongside marketing teams to write entertaining and effective email marketing materials.
- Researching your subject matter to ensure the quality and accuracy of your copy.
- Editing and rewriting company copy written by other members of the marketing team.
- Editing the copy of junior members of the team to make it more relevant or easy to read.
- Interviewing relevant parties in order to gain information required for any assignments that might require information from an outside source.
The ideal background of a Copywriter
- A passionate and committed writer with a love of writing exciting copy.
- Excellent written and spoken presentation skills.
- Degree educated ideally with an English or related degree.
- Solid understanding of online copywriting and how it impacts on search engine optimization.
- Hard working and committed and be able to produce good quality content often to short deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail is essential for this position.
- Have integrity and a high degree of personal responsibility
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do, go-the-extra-mile attitude
- Are strategic thinkers
- Are eager and able to learn new things and stay on top of current marketing trends (particularly online marketing trends)
- Are social media savvy
- Are comfortable hitting daily deadlines
- Appreciate and assimilate constructive criticism
- Are comfortable multi-tasking as a key player on a variety of projects
- Handle themselves in a humble, pleasant, personable manner (in-person, phone and email)
- Are self-starters and detail-oriented
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Have a sense of humor
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, english, communications, or related discipline
- Minimum 4-5 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Exceptional writing and research skill
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Social media or content marketing experience a plus
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- Experience working with content management systems, WordPress, etc.
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
The chosen candidate will be responsible for supervising, monitoring and evaluating day-to-day accounting activities for all franchisors and franchisees as well as the company. They will also be responsible for financial decision making and providing financial input to senior management. The candidate is to manage the Accounts and Inventory team and report back to CEO/COO. The candidate is to maintain financial records for the group of Franchisors. Duties include the full bookkeeping function from the source documentation to trial balances and record of day-to-day financial transactions which include going through purchases, sales, receipts and payments. The incumbent will develop and/or implement systems for collecting, analysing, verifying, recording and reporting financial information.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Achieve accounting operations objective by:
- Ensuring quality and customer service standards
- Resolve problems
- Implement new changes
- Approve source documents such as invoices and bills
- Provide input and develop financial processes and systems of the company
- Ensure accounting information and recommendations contribute to strategic plans of the company
- Prepare and complete accounting action plans
- Ensure quality and customer service standards
- Complete internal audits and assist with external audits to ensure a clean and timely year end audit
- Identify trends and determine systems improvements based on the analysis thereof
- Resolve complex accounting issues or assist other authority personnel in resolving financial issues
- Perform the monthly and quarterly bank compliance activities
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities
- Collaborate with other department managers in order to support overall department goals and objectives
- Guide other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy and applying those observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Maintain and manage subsidiary accounts by reconciling the entries.
- Approve all stock adjustments and price adjustments
- Manage inventory team and all CRM tasks, pertaining to Inventory and Accounts
- Report inventory progress monthly to CEO / COO
- Peruse daily age analysis and notify management of any irregularities
- Maintain the General Ledger
- Balance the General Ledger by preparing the trial balance and reconciling entries.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Review company bank statements.
- Review and correct cash flow statements
- Monitor the financial transactions of the Company.
- Monitor company earnings and expenditure weekly
- Manage the investments
- Compile payment schedules to present to management monthly.
- Monitor and maintain inventory records.
- Assist internal and external bookkeeping.
- Reconcile all companies bank accounts.
- Provide assistance with cash flows.
- Adjust and close entries
- Complete banking schedule and follow up on discrepancies
- Receive, approve and investigate client’s account payable invoices, where necessary.
- Prepare appropriate schedules and reports as requested.
- Receive, review and post broker statements
- Oversee and sign off on statutory returns
- Support CEO with special projects and work follow process improvements
- Supervise,direct and review the work of the accounts assistant and inventory controller/buyer
- Assist the accountant on tax return preparation
- Manage and maintain historical records for filing documents
- Assist, liaise and coordinate audits of the Company
- Ensure payments of invoices made in a timely manner
- Follow up on overdue accounts receivable- escalate when necessary
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Senior Certificate or NQF4 equivalent.
- Degree Accounting.
- Honours degree in Accounting
- Qualified as CA(SA)
- 5-10 years working experience within a financial environment